Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Boston







Pictures of the fall in New England have always made me want to visit. I love the golden, orange, red and brown leaves and how they look in contrast to the ocean and gray, cloudy sky. My mom traveled with my aunt and younger cousin to Boston, Massachusetts a few years ago for a school trip of my cousin’s. My mom fell in love with the place, though she and my aunt managed to get lost several times.




I loved all the early American History that Boston has to offer tourists, especially anything involving the Boston Tea Party. The Boston Tea Party Ship and Museum allows you to view where the push for the American Revolution all started. During the tour, every person participates in a “town meeting”, after which they are allowed to throw a pretend bag of tea overboard. The Boston Tea Party, to me, is such a fun concept because no one was hurt; it was just a mischievous act of protest, so it’s a light-hearted, enjoyable piece of history I’d love to reenact.




My mom insists that the Boston Harbor itself is a fun place to be. One particular tour of Boston takes you on a trolley tour of the city as well as a cruise on the harbor. Some cruises include a scenic lighthouse route with an expert on the history of each house. I would enjoy going to “Little Italy”, also offered on many tours of Beantown, to enjoy an Italian dinner and see the very infamous Paul Revere House. Besides the Boston Tea Party, his midnight ride also sparked my interest as a child.





Something else that would be excitingly creepy to see near Boston would be the Salem “witch houses”. I think going with a big group of friends around Halloween and seeing the grounds that the “witch hunts” happened on would be spooky and interesting!






I should also note how many times I’ve heard about how great Boston’s seafood is, but considering my allergy to shellfish, I’m somewhat bitter! Besides great dining, Boston, Massachusetts is home to many appealing historical sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment